A fun Day in the Big City

Last week, on Friday - Ben and I along with my mom, took a trip into NYC to watch my youngest brother Matt compete in the Gotham Cup. The Gotham Cup is an indoor track event among Division I, II, and III schools. Matt pole vaults and high jumps for Johns Hopkins.

Ben loves the city...all of the comotion from tons of buses, taxis, big buildings - its super stimulating. Matt knew my mom was going in - but didn't know Ben and I would be tagging along. We really enjoyed surprising him! The Gotham Cup was held in the Armory in Harlem accross the street from Columbia Presbyterian. Its a beautiful facility. The best part is all of the seating is in the rafters - so we positioned ourselves right in front of the Pole Valut event - where we were eye level with the jumpers. There was so much to see. High Jumping, Pole Vaulting, Shot Put, Relay Races, Triple Jump and more! It was a great day!







0 comments: