Mother's Day: Belated
The craziness that is our life, has prevented me from having a free moment to blog....but as my little boy lays down for a nap - I have time to let everyone know that I had a GREAT mother's day!
My Mother's Day actually started Saturday evening. We went out to dinner and to my surprise, Ben and Matt gave me a great mother's day gift early...a NEW camera! Those who know me well know that photography is a major passion of mine and one I haven't had a lot of time for over the past 2 years. I really wasn't expecting anything giving our purchase of new house (closing in august) and selling our current one- so I was super duper excited about this BIG SURPRISE!!!
Mother's Day, as is most holidays for us, is a day of trying to visit with a LOT of different people. We spent our morning together as a family, just Matt, Ben, and I. Then we got dolled up and went out to Brunch with my family; Step-mom Lorraine, Dad, Brother Dave and his wife Julia. We then went home and prepared for a 3pm BBQ with our "other" family consisting of Mom (my mom), step father Bob, Brothers Dave and Matt, SIL Julia and my sister Becky.
My Mother's Day actually started Saturday evening. We went out to dinner and to my surprise, Ben and Matt gave me a great mother's day gift early...a NEW camera! Those who know me well know that photography is a major passion of mine and one I haven't had a lot of time for over the past 2 years. I really wasn't expecting anything giving our purchase of new house (closing in august) and selling our current one- so I was super duper excited about this BIG SURPRISE!!!
Mother's Day, as is most holidays for us, is a day of trying to visit with a LOT of different people. We spent our morning together as a family, just Matt, Ben, and I. Then we got dolled up and went out to Brunch with my family; Step-mom Lorraine, Dad, Brother Dave and his wife Julia. We then went home and prepared for a 3pm BBQ with our "other" family consisting of Mom (my mom), step father Bob, Brothers Dave and Matt, SIL Julia and my sister Becky.

Though it required some running around - we wouldn't have chosen doing it any other way. We had a really lovely day with lots of wine, sangria, food and family!
Posted in:
on
Thursday, May 17, 2007
at
at
Thursday, May 17, 2007