Hey Hey Hey .... Goodbye!
Ben is officially done with diapers!!!!
We are sooooo proud of Ben.....
It started a few weeks ago when we took out a play potty someone had given us. He was super excited (he had lost interest in the potty seat on the real potty) but this was new and gave him new purpose! Once it came out he pretty consistently was going on the little potty about 75% of the time. Then he moved back to the big potty (thank god - I hate the small potty!)...
And it just happened. We moved from diapers to pull ups and within a few days didn't like the way it felt when he went in the pull up. Not to mention the fact, he didn't get a chocolate chip if he went in his pull ups ;-).
Rules of the house: 1 chocolate chip if he peed in the potty + put a sticker on a chart. 1 dum dum lollipop if he pooped in the potty + sticker.
Uhrig's law:
1. Once we instill lollipop rule: only poops at 9pm at night or right before a nap...ugh....
2. Purposely waits to go to the bathroom until I put him to bed so he has an excuse to get up!
Needless to say we have crossed some major milestones....
1. Friday was our first day away from the house during this week of potty training. We went to a friends for a play date and he stayed dry and peed at her house! Ta da!
2. Friday night we took a risk and went out to dinner (in his underwear not in pull ups) and he promptly told me he had to go to the bathroom. Well, thank god he did because it was not pee (if you know what i mean)! Sooo proud of him!
3. Sunday we made a trip out to Long Island to visit my grandmother. Question: underwear or pull ups? We opted for pull ups not knowing how predictable traffic would be etc. 5 minutes from my grandmothers Ben exclaims "I have to pee pee"! Quick....get off the L.I.E., get off the L.I.E.!!!!! We pull off, and put him on the portable potty we have in the trunk. Whew made it! He did the same thing on the way coming home. The boy stayed dry from 10am until 8pm! We were sooo proud of our Benny!
4. Then....last night - the biggest milestone! First I will preface that during this past week of training, Ben amazingly got up in the middle of the night, 1am, 2am, 3am depending on the day to tell us he had to "pee pee". Well, last night - he never got up so we were expecting a soaking wet pull up. But NO! He was DRY?!?!?!!? We are sooo proud of Ben and he is so proud of himself. He came running into me this morning - holding the Pull Up - "Mommy its dry!!!!".
Quotes during Potty Training:
1. I'm potty training mama!
2. Potty training is Hard!
3. Opps, I had accident, I'm sorry.... (too cute!)
4. What is that?!?! (looking at his poop)
5. Did I do that?!?!
Posted in:
on
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
at
at
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Hey now-- I'm dying for photos of the new home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get to it girlfriend! I check your blog daily for the Ben-in-his-new-house-with-train-table shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;0
xoxoxoxox
hbj